Enhance Braille and nonvisual skills with us
The National Federation of the Blind is offering three virtual programs of the NFB BELL Academy this summer to prepare blind and low-vision children to grow into confident and independent blind people by enhancing their education. Options are available for beginner, intermediate, and advanced students for the following dates:
- Session 1 – June 7-18, 2021
- Session 2 – July 19-30, 2021
- Session 3 – August 9-20, 2021
Receive Braille and other fun materials for lessons. Connect with experienced teachers. Build relationships with other blind students and mentors.
About NFB BELL
NFB BELL Academy, an annual summer program, is appropriate for blind and low-vision children, ages 4-12, who:
- Do not receive enough Braille and nonvisual skills instruction in school
- Could benefit from more Braille exposure over the summer
- Would enjoy connecting with blind role models
While the program is typically in person across the country, we are excited to offer it virtually in 2021.
Take advantage of this opportunity for your child to connect with blind role models.
Limited space is available. Learn more and apply now!